Protecting your personal information
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
This site has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and interception by third parties. McKee Homes assumes no liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job have access to personal information. Email transmission and messages sent via the internet can be accessed by other Internet users. If you want to keep certain information confidential you may contact us by telephone, in person, or via mail.
We Monitor Website Traffic and How we use non-personal information
Like most web servers on the Internet, this website’ servers maintain access logs that record web browser activity. These logs associate an Internet Protocol (IP) address with each request for content from the servers. When you visit this web site, our web server automatically collects a limited amount of standard information essential to the operation and evaluation of the web site. This information includes:
- the page from which you arrived,
- the date and time of your page request,
- the IP address your computer is using to receive information,
- the type and version of your browser, and
- the name and size of the file you request.
This information is collected in order to help make our site more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site, and to learn about the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track information about individuals and their visit.
We may use ‘cookies’ that identify you as a return visitor. A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. Cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. Browsers allow you to disable cookie collection if you wish, or inform you when a cookie is being stored on your hard drive.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Unsubscribe From Electronic Communications
Subscribers to our e-newsletters can withdraw their consent to receive electronic communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, or by notifying firstname.lastname@example.org
What about spam? You will not receive marketing e-mail from McKee Homes unless you have consented to receive it. From time to time we may use e-mail as a way to keep in touch with our existing customers and other interested individuals. However, we do not send ‘spam’ (unsolicited marketing e-mail). If you agree to receive e-mail communications from us, every e-mail message we send you will include an e-mail address to which you can respond. If at any time you decide you do not want to receive marketing e-mail from us, simply let us know and we will remove your name and e-mail address from our marketing lists. We will do the same with your mailing address and telephone number on request.
For questions or comments regarding this public website privacy statement please contact us by email: email@example.com
At McKee Homes Ltd., we believe in building relationships with our customers. These relationships are built on trust and respect and we believe that is the way a business should be operated. Part of establishing trust and respect is done by telling you what information we will require from you, how this information will be handled, and how this information will be kept safe. We know that your personal information is a valued asset and we want you to know that we will treat it that way.
The purpose of this document is to inform you of:
- Our information handling practices;
- The reasons for these practices;
- Security steps in place to protect your information; and
- Your role in controlling your own personal information
Collection of Personal Information
At McKee Homes Ltd., we collect personal information to better serve your needs. Whether it be purchasing products and services from us or obtaining service/warranty work, we are here to make sure that you get everything you need. In order to provide you with our wide variety of services, products, and promotions, we may collect the following information when necessary:
- Contact and mailing information such as name, address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, and email addresses;
- Employment information, credit information, and personal references for those who are applying for credit;
- The plans, specifications and other particulars about the home which is being built for you;
- Insurance information;
- Municipal and legal descriptions of your home;
- Any other relevant information which is necessary to provide you with our products and services.
We may need to collect other personal information depending on the circumstances, but we will ask you directly and ensure that you agree.
Updating Your Personal Information
McKee Homes Ltd. will do its best to ensure that your personal information is correct and kept current.
We will keep your information as long as is necessary to continue to meet your customer needs and any legal requirements we may have. Please see schedule attached.
If your personal information changes, please inform us of the change and any other information you feel is necessary. Also, if your personal information is incorrect, then please notify us of the correct information.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We believe that part of establishing trust and integrity comes from allowing you to control your own personal information.
As such, we will collect information about you on a voluntary basis. However, in some circumstances before we collect personal information from you, we will have you complete a consent form which authorizes our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
If you have questions or concerns about the handling of your personal information or wish to withdraw your consent, please contact Elaine McKee Doel, McKee Homes Ltd. Privacy Officer, at 403-948-6595. We will be happy to assist you.
Accessing Your Personal Information
McKee Homes Ltd. provides you with the opportunity to access your personal information held by us. If you require wish to view this information, please contact McKee Homes Ltd. Privacy Officer at 403-948-6595. Please note that a $50.00 fee will be charged to copy personal information requested.
If you have more questions about your privacy rights in Alberta please visit the website of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner at www.oipc.ab.ca.