Incorporated as a city in 1985, almost 70,000 people now call this ever-growing community of Airdrie home. Situated off Highway 2 minutes north of Calgary and centrally divided by Nose Creek, the city boasts festivals and attractions such as the Christmas season’s Airdrie Festival of Lights, the Canada Day Parade, and our one of our country’s top 10 largest professional rodeos, the Airdrie Pro Rodeo.
We love Airdrie and we think you will to.
This fun and active city has a heart that beats with community spirit. Here are some of our favourites!
- Woodside Golf Course http://www.woodsidegc.com. Woodside Golf Course is an 18 hole championship golf facility that provides one of the longest regulation golf seasons in the Calgary area. Don’t forget to try their amazing Sunday Brunch!
- Genesis Place http://www.airdrie.ca/index. Fitness plays a big part in the Airdrie lifestyle with Genesis Place at the epicneter. Featuring a 25 meter competitive pool, two NHL size ice surface, and wealth of other sports arenas, fields and facilities, there’s something for almost everyone on site.
- The Ron Ebsen Arena is home to the Airdrie Minor Hockey Association, Airdrie Ringette Association and Airdrie Skating Club and houses 2 ice surfaces that combined have seating for over 600.
- The Plainsman Arena situated in Old Airdrie has one ice surface, a playground adjacent to the building and a ball diamond.
- Chinook Winds Park in the SW of Airdrie hosts one of the many ball diamond areas but also features a 20,000 square foot skate park, playground, and splash park.
- The Bert Church Theatre is a fully equipped, live performing arts facility. The 377-seat facility provides audiences with a unique opportunity to experience world renowned performers in a local setting.
- From June to October every year join your neighbours at the Airdrie Farmers Market! http://www.airdriefarmersmarket.com Enjoy local small businesses and farmers coming together each week to offer their wares for sale.
Just a few stats
- Airdrie has over 20 schools. Public, Christian, Catholic, Private, and Francophone schools are through out the City.
- Airdrie has 18 places of worship.
- Airdrie has over 55 parks.
- Airdrie is minutes from Alberta’s largest single level shopping center Cross Iron Mills spanning over 1.4 Million Square Feet you are sure to find what you are looking for
- Airdrie is minutes from Century Downs Race Track and Casino.
- Airdrie has over 80 kms of paved bike paths.